Tanco Group Ltd. designs, installs, commissions, upgrades and maintains electrical facilities from industrial plants to commercial and residential buildings. Tanco Group Ltd. brings an integrated approach to project coordination allowing us to optimize resource deployment, reduce time-to-market and maintain quality. We enable you to choose one company for the entire spectrum of your design build and engineering needs from drawings, scheduling, and cost analysis to final installation of process equipment and service on that equipment. We can handle all aspects of design and engineering and building, we can respond quickly and efficiently to your changing needs.
Below is a list of Services Tanco Group Ltd. offers:
New Construction and Service Installations
Service Upgrades and Full Maintenance Services
Full Lighting Maintenance, Installation and Design Services
Parking Lot and Sign Maintenance
Bucket Truck and Scissor Lift Services
Site Lighting for Stores, Offices and Warehouses
Plant Maintenance Services
Emergency and Security Lighting
Emergency Generator Installations for Backup or Power Outages
CAT 5 and Data Communication Wiring
Retrofit Existing Equipment to meet Current Standards
Refrigeration and HVAC wiring
Project Design Services
LED Lighting Layout & Installations
High/Low HID Fixtures
Light System Removals
Low Voltage Decorative Lighting
Accent & Track Lighting
Energy Efficient Fluorescent Lighting
Photo Electric Controls
Why is Electrical Preventative Maintenance Program Necessary?
Electrical equipment failures account for millions of dollars in damage and lost business every year. As this country’s electrical infrastructure continues to age, this problem is only going to worsen unless active steps are taken to counter the trend. Ironically, more than two-thirds of electrical system failures can be prevented by a routine Electrical Preventative Maintenance Program. Studies show that the failure rate of electrical equipment is three times higher for components that are not part of a scheduled preventive maintenance program as compared with those that are. In addition, a planned Electrical Preventative Maintenance Program allows the equipment owner to schedule the system outage at a time of their choosing rather than having to correct major problems resulting from an always untimely failure. The purpose of this standard is to provide the insured with recommended practices and frequencies that would form the core of a regularly scheduled Electrical Preventive Maintenance Program. All work associated with electric power systems and equipment should be performed in accordance with accepted industry safety standards and work practices. In general, Tanco Group Ltd. recommends a frequency of once every three years for conducting regular preventive maintenance on electrical equipment. Where applicable, this standard will note components that require a more frequent Electrical Preventative Maintenance Program to help ensure reliability and operation.
Ten Reasons to Perform Electrical Preventive Maintenance
- Avoid electrical shorts that cause fires: Electrical short circuits can occur when wires are overloaded with current, wires are exposed and load imbalances. This can cause excessive heat buildup, arcing or explosions.
- Identify loose connections: Loose connections can cause power fluctuations to devices, devices to operate erratically and uneven load distribution between wires.
- Identify components running hot or not according to specifications: Transformers, motors, bearings and wires almost always run hot before they fail. Predictive maintenance technologies such as infrared thermography, vibration analysis and laser alignment tools as well as general maintenance such as regularly scheduled lubrication can avoid asset failure.
- Identify unusual smells, noises, dust build up, or discoloration: Melting insulation, stressed motors, corrosion through dust and so on make a physical inspection a requirement for electrical components. Electrical troubleshooting should be performed using a systematic approach.
- Check all emergency lighting, signage and power indicator displays: Many electrical disasters occur when the safety monitoring equipment itself is faulty leading to a false belief that all is ok.
- Extend the useful lifecycle of assets: Poorly maintained assets require more energy to do the same amount of work. This leads to excessive wear and tear and a shortening of the assets useful lifecycle.
- Avoid unplanned downtime: Unplanned downtime can shut down production, result in emergency labor costs and unnecessary capital asset replacement. Without proper electrical training, all of these significantly impact the profitability of the organization.
- Less equipment loss: Consistent electrical preventive maintenance will reduce the amount of equipment that needs to be replaced early as a result of electrical problems.
- Energy savings: Optimal energy efficiency will occur when equipment is functioning within design parameters and is well maintained.
- Safety and Liability: The most important reason of all is safety. Avoiding serious injuries or death is worth every penny spent on prevention. Liability lawyers have a field day when facilities have a poor maintenance record.